Thursday, February 9, 2017

Student Success Statement
“In life as in football, you won't go far, unless you know where the goalposts are.”
-Arnold H. Glasgow

When you have goals in life, it means you have something to work towards.  Goals and dreams are what motivate and drive you to be better every single day.  Wanting those straight A's will get you those straight A’s, and wanting to buy those 40$ shoes will get you to buying those 40$ shoes.  It is all within ourselves and our mindset.  You have to, you have to, set goals in your life because if you do not, you will feel like you are going nowhere and as if you aren't making any progress.  You must fix your eye on the prize.  Goals are significant because they make us feel like we are trying. When we try is when we become proud of ourselves.  We say “I know I didn’t achieve my goal, but I tried.  I will do better.”  For example, reading every day for an hour is one of my goals, but I haven't reached it.  However, I am starting to read little by little every single day so that I can work up to my goal.  This quote is saying that for us to feel motivated for our life to actually go somewhere, we must set ourselves up for success, not failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment