Friday, February 3, 2017

Student Success Statement
“I hated poverty.  Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty).  It depends on how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change that.”
-Dr. Ben Carson

Life can be difficult.  There are going to be lots of times where you are in a situation that is unfortunate or a place where you do not want to be.  But, it is up to us to decide whether we stay in that situation or if we get out of it.  We cannot blame anyone or anything for where we are in life.  Our life is made up of the choices and changes we make.  If you have an F in geometry and you want an A, you have to work hard to receive that A.  If you do not know how to ride a skateboard and you don’t like that, then learn how to ride a skateboard.  Sometimes things happen that turn our life around, but it is up to us to stay on the right road and to keep pushing to be our best selves.  Feeling sorry for yourself and just sitting down and thinking “I hate being overweight”, “I hate that I get bad grades”, “I don't get it”, is not going to get you anywhere.  At one point you have to decide if you are going to keep fighting to achieve the life that you want, or if you are going to sit around and wait for good things to come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment