Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Student Success Statement (Original)
    "You will never open any doors if your mind itself is a closed one." 
       -Jennifer Marez

Image result for being open minded

This statement reflects what I think is essential to get better in life.  People need to be open minded.  It is important that we open ourselves to criticism, to suggestions, to advice, and most of all, to honesty.  I think that there are certain people and certain things in our lives that can help us grow and shine and be better than we already are.  Being open minded doesn't mean that you have to agree with what everybody says or that you have to DO what everybody is doing.  Being open minded means that we are mature and wise enough to admit our faults and that we are willing to LISTEN to someone else's point of view.  It means that we respect other opinions while still sticking to our own.  What I mean by this quote is that in order to get better, our mind needs to OPEN up to all the possibilities and opportunities in life.  In school and in life.  I feel that a lot of people are stubborn (like myself) and don't like to be wrong, but we have to learn to accept it sometimes.  It is something that I truly believe in because it isn't something that is easily done.  I have trouble with being open-minded, and I know how sometimes that can get in the way of my success.  The point is this: in order to succeed in life, we need to be able to OPEN our minds and let other creativity and kindness in.  We need to believe in something bigger than ourselves.  


Image result for being open minded

No comments:

Post a Comment