Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Student Success Statement
“It's better to be alone than in bad company.”
    -unknown

I love this quote.  It is very true and if people apply it to their lives, I think that their lives would be 10x better. This quote means that it is better to be alone than to be around those who are bad influences or who are CTW people.  Sometimes people are just friends with people because they are scared of being alone, not fitting in, or wanting to be popular.  But what is the point of being friends with people who just want to lead you towards the bad road?  It is important that we choose our friends and the people we surround ourselves with wisely.  My mom always says this quote, which is why I love it so much.  I have always had it with me and I always say it to.  Being alone rather than being in bad company allows us to be better ourselves.  Instead of joining the “bad company”, we should turn into “good company” and like that we will become friends with people who actually help us progress in life.  “Bad company” means people who do drugs or drink alcohol.  It also includes people who are rude or abusive, who try to bring you down, who exclude you and bully you.  Bad company is called “BAD” company for a reason.  Sometimes you are better off being by yourself for a while because it helps you see who is real and who isn’t.  I think that being alone is much better than being with friends or a partner just because you don’t want to be alone.  Being alone is what helps us figure out who we really are.


No comments:

Post a Comment