Friday, October 14, 2016

Fashion Designer

Duties and Responsibilities:  The primary job of a fashion designer is to design and create new pieces of clothing.  Fashion designers can choose whether they would like to work in certain type of apparel, like clothing, footwear, or accessories (jewelry, scarfs, headbands, etc.).  A fashion designer also has to keep up with the latest trends that focus on meeting certain standards so that the apparel they design can be purchased.  Another thing that this profession requires is meeting with sales and marketing managers to determine whether an item should be sold or not.  The main duty of a fashion designer is to be creative and imaginative with their designs.

Salary: Fashion designers earn, on average, $62, 860 a year.

Education:  The required education for a fashion designer is a bachelor's degree.  It is recommended that students who would like to become fashion designers take like clothing design, computer aided design (CAD), marketing fashion, and many more.  It would also improve the chances of receiving a job with taking a fashion design program combined with obtaining a degree in merchandising or business.

Demand for this profession:  In the years 2014-2024, the number of jobs for fashion designers is 23,100.  This rate is expected to grow 3% by the year 2024.

Do you think you would like to be one?  Why?  Why not?

I want to be a fashion designer, which is why I chose to research this career.  I would love to be a fashion designer because I love clothes and I love being able to create something new.  I am also a very creative and imaginative person, so I think that this career suits me and my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment