Monday, June 5, 2017

DANCE

I chose this topic because dance is my passion.  It is my sanctuary, my peace.  It is a topic that I know much about, and I wanted to choose something that I was passionate about and that I would have fun researching.  

According to Google, dance is “to move rhythmically to music, typically following a set sequence of steps”.  But dancing is more than moving your feet left and right and throwing your hands in the air.  It is so much more than that.  Dancing brings people and communities together.  Dancing is diverse, yet accepting.  People, no matter what race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender can dance.  Dancing is something that you put your entire being and heart into. You cannot dance half-heartedly and you cannot fake your love for dance.  Dancing is something that no one can take away from you, because even if you can dance, you find joy in watching others dance.  You support other dancers who love dance just as much as you do, and who work hard just as much as you do.  Dancing is not something that can be put into a tight, 4-walled box.  It is like a tree, branching out to so many different places at so many different times.  With roots that cannot be challenged.  There is so many genres of dance.  Hip-hop, ballet, contemporary, jazz, rock, cumbia, salsa, merengue, tutting, popping, etc.  Dance is something that not many people understand, because like I said, it is something you have to feel in your heart.  Dancing opens doors and windows for people who have never seen the sun.  Dance is love.  Dance is change.  Dance is passion.  


No comments:

Post a Comment